Barb Reinhardt

If it were me, I'd create an XY scatter using Difficulty as the X and Value
as the Y. I bet you knew that :^D
I'd then use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler (
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm ) to add the labels to the
series

Have a great day!
Barb Reinhardt

"Basil" wrote in message
Hiya,

I need to create a chart which is a matrix of four 'boxes' (a bit like the
BCG 'Cash cow, star, etc matrix if you know it). But am having real
trouble.

What I need is this (and I'm going for the simplest method here - I
ignored
the four 'boxes' and just tried to get the data as I want on the chart):

Data source:

Project Name Value(1-10) Difficulty(1-10)
Proj1 5 8
Proj2 8 10
Proj3 1 8
Proj4 3 2
Proj5 6 4

Chart:

Y-Axis: Value
Label next to each point: Project Name

So, with this graph there would only actually be 5 points - 1 for each
project. And each point would have the project name next to it.

I'll make a crude effort at drawing it:

(val)
10 |
| X proj2
| X proj5
| X proj1
| X proj4

1 10 (diff)

I had very moderate success with 'bubbles' - but hit a dead end.
Anyone know how I can achieve this??

Many thanks,

Basil