Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Countif and multiple columns to validate

Give us an example of your data in columns P and T, in addition to what type
of output you're looking for.

"ouch" wrote in message
Ok I tried both formulas and niether seem to work. Match stops at the
first
instance found and the other returns nothing but False even if the
criteria
matches. Perhaps it's meant for numbers only?

Any other ideas or should I make a VB macro to handle this?

Also this formula needs to run from a single cell.

Thanks for the help so far folks!

"ouch" wrote:

ok in column T I have a value that needs to be counted if it matches a
name.
However it also needs to match a name in column P.

Anyideas on how I could accomplish this?

thanks in advance.