Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Simon is offline

Default macro to standard module

Not in the .xlt but I don't run the macro in the xlt.
It is in the .xls though as it is created by Access.
My other macro also refers to these new sheets in the same way without a
problem albeit it only copies cells across.

"Mike" wrote:

Do you have a sheet Named Assets?

"Simon" wrote:

I have a .xlt with 2 macros in it.
The .xlt is copied in code from Access to a .xls and then data is
transferred from Access to the .xls
Both of the macros are activated on click of seperate command buttons.
The command buttons are in Sheet1 (Code) the sheet name is "Summary"
Macro 1 runs fine but I am getting an error on the 2nd as below.
Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim iRow As Long

With Worksheets("Summary")
FirstRow = 2
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
End With

For iRow = FirstRow To LastRow
Next iRow

Range("A" & iRow).Select
ActiveCell.Value = "Assets"
ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True
ActiveCell.Font.Size = 12
Sheets("Assets").Select ERROR HERE Run-time error 1004 select method of
range class failed

I have discovered thanks to usergroup that this needs to be in a standard
module.
Can someone tell me how I do this and then how do I call it.
Thank you