Dave Peterson

A longgggggg time ago, I saw the same thing.

The date modified if I opened and closed (w/o saving) a file from a remote
server. (I don't think it happened if the file was on a local server.)

(So when I went snooping, I made sure to copy it to my harddrive before I opened
it up <vbg.)

Anyway, this "feature" went away one day. I always thought that the IT folks
had found/fixed something in the network OS (but I have no idea why it started
or why it stopped).

I guess my point is that you may want to talk to your network admins and see if
they have a guess.

LoriStar wrote:

Hello,

Office XP/Windows XP: We have found that the modify date is changing on
documents when we choose to NOT save changes when asked while closing the
document.

The files are located on a fileserver. This problem is not consistent and
sometimes we are not even asked if we want to save changes (as if we didn't
make any) but the modify date still changes.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Please help if you have any information.

Thanks!
Lori

--

Dave Peterson