Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ads1983 ads1983 is offline

Default IF Function with Named Lists in Data Validation

great, thank you

"T. Valko" wrote:

Are the sources for your lists a range of cells?

H1:H10 = named range = sub
I1:I10 = named range = nosub

Data Validation
Allow: List
Source:

=IF(COUNTIF(sub,A1),sub,nosub)

Biff

"ads1983" wrote in message
When setting up data validation (list) in the source box I am trying to
input
an IF function to accomplish the following: In cell B1 is where I am
doing
the data validation. I want to make it so that if the account entered in
cell A1 appears in a list that I have titled "Accounts_With_Subaccounts"
(Accounts_With_Subaccounts contains 15 accounts) then in cell B1 it
returns a
dropdown list that I have named "Subaccounts" for the user to select from.
If the account entered in cell A1 does not appear in the
"Accounts_With_Subaccounts" list, I want it to return a dropdown list
titled
"No_Subaccounts" in cell B1. I have been trying to work with this and
have
tried =IF(A2=Accounts_With_Subaccounts,Subaccounts,No_Su baccounts), but
nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.