Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RFJ RFJ is offline

Default Linking to a Variable Number of Rows - XP/07

Each month I receive an excel file of transactions taken off a finance
system. It comprises a standard 20 columns but the number of rows can vary
from 600 to 800.

There is then a standard spreadsheet used to analyse the data.

Is there a formula or solution that I can use in the analysis spreadsheet
that, once the name of the transaction worksheet is given, would import or
link to the required data and bring in just the required number of rows.

TIA

Rob