Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Test Formatting?

Chip's site also has UDF's to return the CF colors.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Guess I could have posted that originally<g

Gord

On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:18:05 -0500, "C Brandt" wrote:

The cell was colored via CF. The formulas to color the cell are quite
extensive and in realty, this pass, I want action if the cell is not
colored. Normally I would just use the logic that created the color, but if
there was a way to sense the color of the CF. it certainly simplifies the
logic to make other decisions.

Thanks,
Craig

.. .
How did you color the cells............manually or via Conditional

Formatting?

If manually, you will need a User Defined Function to test the color.

See Chip Pearson's site for the necessary UDF's

Then you would need a formula like such................

=IF(AND(cellcolorindex(B2)=10,(cellcolorindex(A2)= 6)),"issue

resolved","issue
not resolved")

If colored via CF, just use the original criteria in your IF(AND(

formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 May 2007 16:43:17 -0500, "C Brandt"

wrote:

Many of my spread sheets use color to indicate status. Some of these
formulas are quite extensive and quite frankly I forget some of the

evolved
logic. Is there a way to test for the color of a cell.
For example, I can write an IF statement as follows :
IF(B250,"Above Average","Below Average")
I would like to write an IF statement like:
IF(AND(B2 is colored Green, A2 is colored Yellow), "Issue

Resolved","Issue
not Resolved")

Any suggestions?

Craig