Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Excel 2003 List with Frequency Count

A listbox is very simple in VBA if you want to play around with forms. The
esies way is with data validation on a spreadsheet. If you type the numbers
1 -1 0 in the cells A1:A10.

Then click on cell C1. Selectect data Menu - Validation. In the Allowbox
select LIST. Then press the spreadsheet box to the right side of the SOURCE
box. Select cells A1:A10. The press the CLOSE box (below the X). then
press OK in the Data Validation box. Now on the preadsheet click on cell C!
and the list box opens.

"blazingbadger" wrote:

I actually started with a basic spread sheet and then started playing
around with Microsoft's List tool I assumed list (maybe "designated"
list is a better term) would have more functionality.

What is the best way to enter my text data? Is there a way to create
a box at the top that I can type a piece of text into that will then
be compared and added/count updated to the list? Is some serious
VBAing the only way to do this? A little pop up text box would be
handy. Maybe I'm taking this too far, I don't have the time to jump
down a black hole after the perfect spreadsheet :)