Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Avoid plotting refferanced blanks as zeros in scatter plot gra

Format/ Conditional formatting/ Formula is/ =ISNA(A1)
Set font colour to the same as the background colour.
--
David Biddulph

"Jobe" wrote in message
Thank you guys for your input, NA() does work for not plotting zero
values
but now my table is is littered with #N/As. Is it possible to have a to
eliminate this display of the #N/As from the table. Otherwise I will make
hidden table with NA().

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Agreed! so use NA() in place of "" in the formula
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
If the "blank" is the result of "" in a formula, Tools menu Options
Chart tab 'Plot Empty Cells As' will have no effect.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Replace the blank cell by =NA()
or
With chart select: Tools | Options |Chart and specify how missing data
is
to be treated
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove CAPS in email address

"Jobe" wrote in message
I can not figure out how not to plot data that referances blank cells
as
zero's. I have a worksheet that links to tables with data orginized
by
size
(mm) from big to small. This worksheet contains a scatter plot graph
that
looks at all sizes in the table. Typically not all sizes have data.
The
only way I can figure out to remove the zero values from the blank
cells
is
by manualy selecting these cells and clearing the content. I have
tried
several attempts at differant logic ( if(isnumber(A1),A1,""), and
if(isblank(A1),"",A1) ect. and nothing seems to work. I could use
conditional formating but I would like to keep things as simple as
possible