Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Avoid plotting refferanced blanks as zeros in scatter plot graphs

Replace the blank cell by =NA()
or
With chart select: Tools | Options |Chart and specify how missing data is to
be treated
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Jobe" wrote in message
I can not figure out how not to plot data that referances blank cells as
zero's. I have a worksheet that links to tables with data orginized by
size
(mm) from big to small. This worksheet contains a scatter plot graph that
looks at all sizes in the table. Typically not all sizes have data. The
only way I can figure out to remove the zero values from the blank cells
is
by manualy selecting these cells and clearing the content. I have tried
several attempts at differant logic ( if(isnumber(A1),A1,""), and
if(isblank(A1),"",A1) ect. and nothing seems to work. I could use
conditional formating but I would like to keep things as simple as
possible