Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Update Excel from Word

Gary''s wrote on Wed, 16 May 2007 09:45:00 -0700:

Gs We can cheat! Open both a Word doc and an Excel Workbook

Gs In the Word doc, instead of inserting a Table in the Word
doc:

Insert Object Microsoft Excel Worksheet

Gs If you double-click in a cell in the resulting object, you
Gs see the embedded worksheet. Enter data and copy the cell.
Gs If you click outside the object, it changes appearance. It
Gs looks just like any other Word table.

Gs Now go to the Work book, select a cell and:

Edit PasteSpecial Paste Link

Gs Link updates work because we have really linked two
Gs worksheets (even though one of them is embedded)
Gs --
Gs Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

Gs "SueK" wrote:

I'm not the OP but that's neat!