Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default BUG? : data validation in-cell drop down list is not displayin

Is there a possibility that there is some code in this sheet that could
inadvertently be doing this?

RD

"Patachoup" wrote in message
hello,

I use Excel 2002 SP3 and my computer is fully updated (OS & Office)

++

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Are you using xl97?

Do you have windows|freeze panes turned on?

Is the cell with data|Validation in the top frozen pane?

If all 3 are true, then this is a bug (IIRC) that was fixed in xl2k.

The easiest work-around is to remove the freeze panes.

Patachoup wrote:

Hello,

I use data validation tool the basic way, LIST setting as validation
criteria and SOURCE range in the same worksheet. I do not use any static
or
dynamic named ranges.

The problem is that no dropdown list is displaying anymore. I correctly
have
the data validation message in my cell in case I input wrong data which
is
not in my SOURCE range, but I do not see any more the drop down list
when I
select the cell...

Of course the IN CELL DROPDOWN option is ticked ! But it seems not to
work
anymore :(

It comes from this workbook only, because it works properly and as usual
in
a new one.

I compared the Options settings, view settings, tried to lock/unlock all
cells and already restarted the CPU but nothing...I must have missed
something !

Please help ! Is it a known bug, or just an option to tick I missed ?

Thx

--

Dave Peterson