Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mCassidy mCassidy is offline

Default Question about comparing 2 cell values

I have a sheet that has to columns of numbers. I would like to have a
formula that looks at the numbers in both columns (1 row at a time)
and gives me a result in column 3 based on that comparison.

Column A will be one of the following values= 0,1,2,3,4,8
Column B will be one of the following values=2,3,8

Here is my criteria for comparing the two (assuming I am comparing A1
and A2 first, with the result being in A3):

If A1=0 or 1 then A3=1 (no comparison needed on the first 3)
If A1=2 then A3=3
If A1=8 then A3=5
If A1=3 or 4 and A2=2 then A3=4
If A1=3 or 4 and A2=3 then A3=5

I can write out the specifics of what I need to compare.. I just have
no solid idea of how to put that into an Excel formula.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Matt