Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default Combo box - input Range

haha, most likely I'm wrong... I'm still just a beginner. My thought process
was that I knew Range1 and Range2 were probably named ranges, but what is
Width=.7 referring to is my question?

I would think it would have to be more like IF the width of what = .7. I'm
not that familiar with combobox's being able to change ranges though. I
usually use the cell link and just offset based off that. Let me know what
you're thinking and if Im wrong on any of this.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

They looked like range names to me. But I've been wrong before.

AKphidelt wrote:

I don't see the logic behind that. What is the selection that determines if
the width is .7 metres? Because you're formula isn't directed at anything.
It's saying

= IF(the width of NOTHING = .7, Range1, Range2)

It has to be referenced to something.

"PCH" wrote:

Basic description....

if the width is 0.7 metres then select a height from the set of possible
values in range1, else if the width isn't 0.7 metres then choose the height
from the set of possible values from range2

"AKphidelt" wrote:

What are you really trying to achieve? If width of what = .7?

If width of the Combobox Selection? Cause I don't think it works like that.
Let me know what exactly you are looking to do with this.

"PCH" wrote:

I have a combobox on a work sheet.
I want to set the input range depending upon an if statement...

Input range =if(Width=0.7,Range1,Range2)

typing this statement into the input range does not work.

How can I achieve this?

regards

Wayne

--