Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis Dana DeLouis is offline

Default Maximunm # of Spreadsheets in any Workbook

Excel 2003 also dies at 5448. Also crashes.

Thank you very much for that feedback. That is interesting!!

So it looks like this INFO attribute is so much rubbish.

It appears that Microsoft agrees with you.
I just noticed this documentation in Excel 2007.

Important In previous versions of Microsoft Office Excel, the "memavail",
"memused", and "totmem" type_text values, returned memory information. These
type_text values are no longer supported and now return a #N/A error value.

Hmmm. :~
--
Dana DeLouis
Windows XP & reluctantly using Excel 2007

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Dana DeLouis" wrote...
Just a silly addition.

I keep getting 5,448. (Before crashing I might add!!)

I run out of Stack now at 5,571.

FWIW, I launch Excel 2003 with a few other programs running and type

=INFO("memavail")

in the formula bar and press [F9] rather than [Enter]. Excel returns
1048576, i.e., 2^20, so 1MB. So it looks like this INFO attribute is
so much rubbish.

Using a variation on your test, with an internal static accumulator,
Excel 2003 runs out of stack at 5572.

As for sheets, my default workbooks start with 4 worksheets. Adding
more by macro, Excel 2003 also dies at 5448. Also crashes. So looks
like 5448 is an effective upper limit that hasn't changed with Excel
2007.