S.K.S.

Thanks! That gets me closer.

However, when I change the addresses to reflect that there are 100 rows
(rather than 20) in the dbase, I get garbage.

Also - what is the reference to column A about?

Thanks.

-S.K.S.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

So, what you want to do is to extract the "comments" to a
new list?

Assume the "comments" are in the range F2:F20.

Try this array formula entered with the key combo of
CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=INDEX('Feb 05'!F$2:F$20,SMALL(IF('Feb 05'!F$2:F$20<"",ROW
(A$1:A$19)),ROW(1:1)))

Copy down until you get #NUM! errors meaning the data has
been exhausted.

Note: ROW(A$1:A$19) refers to the size of the range Feb 05!
F$2:F$20. You could build into the formula a method that
will automatically calculate the size of the range but
more detail would be needed to come up with a specific
suggestion.

Biff