Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default highest number if criteria

A tiny trick:

First sort your data by column C descending

This will put all the oldest stuff first

then:

=VLOOKUP("RF",A2:C7,3,0) will return the entry for the first "RF" found, but
now the first one will also be the oldest one!!

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200721

"instereo911 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Good evening,

I have a problem and I thought DMAX would do it, but I don't think it will..
My worksheet has over 60,000 entries. Each entry is assigned a Unit Number
and it tells you how many days old that entry is. My goal is to have a
formula that says the following "Go and find "RF", once you find "RF", bring
back the oldest data (which would be 136) in a different cell"

A B C
1 Unit Number Entry Days Old
2 RF ABBBA 136
3 RF ABBCV 98