Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Maximunm # of Spreadsheets in any Workbook

"Dana DeLouis" wrote...
Just a silly addition.

I keep getting 5,448. (Before crashing I might add!!)

I run out of Stack now at 5,571.

FWIW, I launch Excel 2003 with a few other programs running and type

=INFO("memavail")

in the formula bar and press [F9] rather than [Enter]. Excel returns
1048576, i.e., 2^20, so 1MB. So it looks like this INFO attribute is
so much rubbish.

Using a variation on your test, with an internal static accumulator,
Excel 2003 runs out of stack at 5572.

As for sheets, my default workbooks start with 4 worksheets. Adding
more by macro, Excel 2003 also dies at 5448. Also crashes. So looks
like 5448 is an effective upper limit that hasn't changed with Excel
2007.