Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ken Snyder Ken Snyder is offline

Default Dynamic Charts Problem

Another annoyance with this problem (I'd be interested if you can confirm
that you have the same behaviour), is that if you save to Excel 2003 format
and then open in Excel 2003 it pegs the CPU to 100% never to recover. :^(

Ken

"Larry F" wrote:

I have the exact same problem which I posted here a few days ago, but have
had no responses. There is another post here as well with what seems to be
the same problem with no replies. The problem is there but no one seems to
know what to do about it.

"Ken Snyder" wrote:

I did some googling this weekend and found lots of helpful advice on how to
make dynamic charts with named ranges and OFFSET, INDEX, and MATCH functions.
Anyway, I was able to successfully create the dynamic charts that I wanted by
pointing the series data at a named range. For instance the data range
represented on my x-axis is derived from the named variable "rChartDates"
which is defined as:

=OFFSET(allDates,0,MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)-1,1,MATCH(EndDate,allDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)+1)

This works fine and when I put a reference into my chart I put the following:

='F&O Analysis v2.1.xlsx'!rChartDates

This too works fine but when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it it has
lost all dynamic behavior and now the property of the chart looks like this:

=[0]!rChartDates

Any ideas?