Dave Peterson

Maybe you could use a helper worksheet.

=sheet1!a1
and drag across
or
=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)
if you don't want to see 0's when the cell is empty.

If you kind of know what column it should be in, you can still select the cell
by:

Edit|goto, then typing the address (D1) and hitting enter. You'll be able to
see the value/formula in the cell in the formula bar. (You could also just type
the address directly into the namebox--to the left of the formula bar and hit
enter.)

(But Unhiding, looking, and ctrl-z (or edit|undo) isn't really too bad, either.)

Beachcomber wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet with several columns hidden. I want to unhide a
specific column that I know has a column name of Project Owner. How can I
determine which column to unhide to see the desired column without unhiding
all of the columns? I tried the find feature, but that did not help.

--

Dave Peterson