Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Longtime listener first time caller Longtime listener first time caller is offline

Default Hyperlinking in a Pivot Table

OK so I keep my CVs in a folder called candidates and the spreadsheet is in
this candidates folder and all the rest are separated from there based off
what business unit they have interest for (IE accounting, sales, marketing).

So would the address be what I list it as from here? For example Steve Smith
in the sales folder is: Sales/Smith from the location of the spreadsheet or
would it be C:\Candidates\Sales\Smith

and hyperlink needs to be in the language of my version of Excel?

OK I think this is starting to come together, thanks for the help.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

The value in A3 has to be the address of the link--not the friendly name.

And you're going to have to translate the English =hyperlink() into the language
that you use.

KeepItCool has a translator utility at:
http://members.chello.nl/jvolk/keepitcool/

Longtime listener first time caller wrote:

When I put in the =hyperlink(a3) I get an error in the cell and it appears as
#NOM?

should I replace a3 with the cell I want to give the link location of or
just replace a3 with the link location, for instance Sales\Smith (this is
where the CV is located)

Yes the hyperlinks are listed in a column in the raw data

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So one of the row or column or page fields is a hyperlink in the raw data?

If yes, then the "hyperlinkness" is lost when the pivottable is built.

If you're not pivotting too much, maybe you could add another column/row/cell
with a formula like:

=hyperlink(a3)
(if the cell's value shows the hyperlink address, that is)

Longtime listener first time caller wrote:

Hey all I'm working on a pivot table to keep track of CVs (resumes). In the
spreadsheet that holds the I hyper link to the actual CV but if I bring
something up in the pivot table it does not work.

Is there any solution to this or some way around it?

Thanks for your time.

--

Dave Peterson

--