Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Vlookup and Hlookup equation

I think I would have written the formula a bit differently
hlookup(c4,puage,2)+if(b4="m",1,0)
but it appears to be doing an hlookup to find which column to return from
the pudata range.
=IF(OR(B4"A",E40),VLOOKUP(E4,PUDATA,HLOOKUP(C4,P UAGE,2)+IF(B4="m",0,1)),"")
Perhaps b4"A" should be D4"A" or ???
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SGT Buckeye" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can someone please explain the following formula to me?

=IF(B4"A",(IF(E40,VLOOKUP(E4,PUDATA,(IF(B4="M",( HLOOKUP(C4,PUAGE,2)),
(HLOOKUP(C4,PUAGE,2)+1)))),0))," ")

It is taken from cell F4 on the "Input Data" worksheet located at this
http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...rd-in-mass.xls

I know how to write Vlookups and this worksheet works fine. I am just
curious to know how the combination of Vlookup and Hlookup works in
case I need to modify some of the scoring parameters in the future.
Thank you in advance for your help.