Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Print workbook without opening it

In my VB Editor, the Find/Replace dialog likes to pop up straddling my two
screens (the VBE is maximized on the left screen, Excel maximized on the
right). This is an enormous pain. But I generally use the Find functionality
in MZTools instead. MZTools is a free VBE add-in that has lots of useful
features. Use Google to find it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Thanks Jon, actually using a version of that. There are a number of
books/sheets that get printed, and I have a sheet that keep a visual track
of
the printing routine so that the user can see where it's up to. By not
updating the screen they can't see the boxes change colour etc. I guess I
can
play around with turning the updating on and off at various times.

I have another question for you. In my VB editor, for the last 36 hours,
whenever I do a find and/or replace the dialogue box snaps over to the
left.
This is very aggravating, and it only started doing it without me doing or
changing anything that I'm aware of. As usual I can't find anything in VB
Help (only useful for solutions to complex problems). I imagine that I'm
not
alone in my opinion of VB help (the help in excel is very good, by
contrast).
Thanks & regards, Brett

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Workbooks("abc.xls").Open
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Brettjg" wrote in message
Thanks Jon. I thought you might say that. Have already got the code in
place,
but was trying to avoid a lot of dancing on the screen. Regards, Brett

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

No.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Brettjg" wrote in message
How can I print a workbook from a macro without opening the
workbook?
Regards, Brett