Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data sorting, please can anyone advise on the best function to use?

Steve,

The best thing to do is to use a data filter on column M of the first sheet, and select the value
from the drop down at the top of that column. That way, you won't need to use a third sheet at all.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ChemicalJasper" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Learned Users,

I have a problem with data sorting, please can anyone advise on the
best function to use?

I have a sheet with some 5500 rows of data (across 40+ colums) of
which I cannot alter the format.

I have a second sheet with some 150 rows of data

On a third sheet I have a combo box using the second sheet as the
list. I want to be able to select a record from the list (from the
second sheet) and populate a report/list of records from the first
sheet which match the data selected from the drop down.

The data in the first sheet that may match is in column 'M' and I need
to populate the report sheet with data from 'B' to 'AT' of the first
sheet.

Is there a data function within Excel that can do this or will it have
to be VB coded?

Thanking you

Steve