Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Rearranging data

In the first empty column (let's assume it's C), number all the rows
sequentially from the first row with data to the last row with data. Now sort
all the data by column B. All the blank rows should be together. Select and
delete those rows, then sort the data in ascending order by column C. Delete
column C, and you should be done.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Witold" wrote:

How obvious! But it leaves empty row every couple of rows. Any way to
remove them quickly?

Thanks

Witold

Tom Hutchins wrote:

From your example, it looks like you could just select all the data in column
B and move it up one row.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Witold" wrote:

Hi,

In short, currently my data looks like this:

A1 B1
2343
x234
x345
4567
x567
x678
x484
x444
3453
x564
x345
x543

etc.
While I would need it like this:

A1 B1 C1
2343 x234 1
x345 2
4567 x567 1
x678 2
x484 3
x444 4
3453 x564 1
x345 2
x543 3

I hope it's self explanatory and makes sense. Could somebody please
help me how to do this? I've got couple of thousands of these records,
everything is ready, it's a matter of one time conversion only.

Thank you.

--
Witold