Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ken Snyder Ken Snyder is offline

Default Dynamic Charts Problem

I did some googling this weekend and found lots of helpful advice on how to
make dynamic charts with named ranges and OFFSET, INDEX, and MATCH functions.
Anyway, I was able to successfully create the dynamic charts that I wanted by
pointing the series data at a named range. For instance the data range
represented on my x-axis is derived from the named variable "rChartDates"
which is defined as:

=OFFSET(allDates,0,MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)-1,1,MATCH(EndDate,allDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,allDates,1)+1)

This works fine and when I put a reference into my chart I put the following:

='F&O Analysis v2.1.xlsx'!rChartDates

This too works fine but when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it it has
lost all dynamic behavior and now the property of the chart looks like this:

=[0]!rChartDates

Any ideas?