Otto Moehrbach

Rebecca
You can't do that without code (macros). The Find - Replace feature of
Excel will find something and replace that very same something with the
Replace value. It cannot Find something in one cell and replace something
in another cell.
Post back and provide some more detail about what it is that you want to
do. HTH Otto

"Rebecca" wrote in message
No, I'm not using a macro. I'm using Excel's search and replace function.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

If you are doing this with a macro, as always, post your macro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Hi, again (sorry!). I have locked all columns except one (for
editing),

and
I want to seach for something in one locked column and replace
something

in
another (unlocked) column. But I keep getting an error message saying
can't do this. Why? What I want to do is lock five columns (to
prevent

loss
of data by accident) and replace items in the unlocked column.
Frankly,
locking columns is somewhat more complicated than in Access. Could

someone
please explain how to do this? Thanks.