Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How do I copy a graph and use the data in the new worksheet?

I have experienced this problem in some circumstances, but when asked about
it this morning I could not reproduce the error.

Stay tuned.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"cbanditos" wrote in message
I have the same problem now that I have Excell 2007. I can't copy a
worksheet with a graph and have the new sheet use the data on the new
sheet
for the graph. When will there be a fix for this problem? Thanks Carl
Gray

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What version of Excel? The 2007 Beta doesn't do this correctly yet. If
it's
not the Beta, then we don't know enough about the issue you're having.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Helge" wrote in message
Jon,

For some reason I can't make this work. I copy the entire spredsheet
with
embedded graphs, but it is till referencing the original sheet and not
the
copy.

Helge

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Doing this maintains the links to the data for the original chart,
which
is
tedious to relink if you have more than one or two charts.

I showed Brendan an easier way to chart new data without having to
redefine
the chart's links.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"LADYBUG" wrote in message
Hi

i think you can just right clicknon the graph and then copy and
paste
as
normal

"Brendanluc" wrote:

I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data
format.
want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in
that
worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and
select
all
the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as
the
data is
in the same place in each worksheet?