Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I turn cells to a 45-degree angle?

David

No version of Excel has allowed a user to physically rotate/angle a cell.

You may have seen what you thought was an angled cell but cannot be done.

You can make the cell appear slanted by slanting the text to 45 degrees or
whatever you like and placing borders around the cell and increasing the row
height.

Adding a background color gives an added touch.

BUT.......the cell is still rectangular which you will see when you select it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 14 May 2007 02:52:00 -0700, David M Hargrave
wrote:

I'm trying to rotate the cells (not just the text in the cells) to a
45-degree angle. I've done this in past versions of Excel, but I can't find
it in Excel XP (2003?)