millemj

As i said in my original post...

"...I attempted to install it, but the install gave no
indication of success or failure, nor did the "Template
Wizard" entry appear on the Tools menu..."

Any other suggestions?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It should work with the 2002 add-in, not the 2000

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"millemj" wrote:

I have recently acquired an upgrade version of Office 2003 &
Installed it on a different computer from my previous Office
2000 version (IOW, a fresh install, not an upgrade install
per se).

When I try to use an existing XL2000 data file generated by
the old invoice wizard, XL2003:

1. Won't display the custom tool bar (oddly, unless I launch
Word 2003 and then return to XL2003!) and

2. When I try to write the form data to the database, I get
a message indicating that I need to install the "Template
Wizard Addin Program." When I click "help" from this dialog,
the program attempts to find the XLMAIN8.HLP help file,
which is presumably the help file from the older version.

I have searched MS's Office web site and the closest thing I
can find is a "Template Wizard with Data Tracking" for
XL2002. I attempted to install it, but the install gave no
indication of success or failure, nor did the "Template
Wizard" entry appear on the Tools menu (yes, I closed XL2003
before installing).

Is there a way to get the old template to work with XL2003?
I am well versed with VBA, but would prefer a canned
solution .

TIA

Mike