Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerry Verschuuren Gerry Verschuuren is offline

Default Filter for frist record in a sorted list

I am trying to use a computed/calculated filter for a list of records sorted
by the first column. The first column has SSNumbers with multiple duplicates.
I want to filter for just the first SSNs of those duplicates - so a unique
list of SSN and what comes with that record.

This is what I came up with:
1. =$A2<$A1 or =$A2<$A3 (but this leaves either the first or the last
unique entry out).
2. =COUNTIF(SA$2:A2,A2)=1 (but then I get all the first duplicates together,
and no other records).

What should I have done instead?

Thanks so much for your solution.

Gerry