Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Chart help - cannot display all data

I then used these values for the x axis and series range but this only
worked over a minute spread of D values before, once again, failing to
display multiple values correctly.

If you have several values each day, but they are measured between 9:00 and
9:03, then when multiple days are included, the spread between 4
measurements in 3 minutes will be overwhelmed by the intervening 23 hours
and 57 minutes. Follow Bernard's suggestion (i.e., format your column D in
date + time format, and insert it before the BP measurements), then make
your chart; but where Bernard says XY chart, instead make a Line chart. Then
go to Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and under Category (X) Axis,
select Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Fred" wrote in message
Excel 2000

At various times during each day I have to measure my blood pressure. Each
time I take 4 readings (simplified version).

A: DATE B: TIME C: BP
A1: 01/01/2007 B1: 09:00 C1: 75
A2: 01/01/2007 B2: 09:01 C2: 77
A3: 01/01/2007 B3: 09:02 C3: 74
A4: 01/01/2007 B4: 09:03 C4: 77

I can generate a scatter chart with Days on the x axis, BP on the y axis
and the C data as vertical columns of short horizontal lines ( - ) for
each day.

This method produces a good graphical representation of the range of the
day's readings, but multiple readings with the same value are only
displayed as a single point on the chart.

i.e. 1 off 74, 1 off 75 and 1 off 77

I still need to create a chart that will display every reading so I tried
using a helper column D with the values A+B i.e.

D1: 39083.375
D2: 39083.37569
D3: 39083.37639
D4: 39083.37708

I then used these values for the x axis and series range but this only
worked over a minute spread of D values before, once again, failing to
display multiple values correctly.

Quite probably a "senior moment", but any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Fred