Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mung Q Mung Q is offline

Default Completing a Chart

Hello,

Could anyone help me with this problem. I wanted to create chart with a
table that had the months across the top horizontally and the year vertical
on the right. The data was a bunch of price index data. I wanted the chart
to have the year and month on the bottom x-axis, the lowest numerical value
and the highest numerical value on the y-axis. When I would choose chart
type as Line it would ask me to select the data source. I could only get it
to read the horizontal axis label as the months and not the year. How would
I combine the 2? I had to retype all the data like this in order to get it
to work:

Jan-97 49.2
Feb-97 43.5
Mar-97 35.3