Dana DeLouis

With a Capital "H", and only 7 numbers, I assume your array index is
numbered like this.

1,_,5
2,4,6
3,_,7

I don't show a solution if you include adding the horizontal line indexed as
2,4,&6
I only show 4 solutions.

{5,19,17,13,11,7,23},
{11,7,23,13,5,19,17},
{17,19,5,13,23,7,11},
{23,7,11,13,17,19,5}

where index 1+2+3 = 5+6+7 = 1+4+7 = 3+4+5

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"johnT" wrote in message
my kid brought home a prime number puzzle that i'm trying
to work out using excel....we have 5,7,11,13,17,19,23 in
the form of an H such that the 2 columns and the 2
diagonals add up to the same prime number....i was
thinking of writing a VB program to solve this but i'm not
sure how to randomly generate this set of prime numbers,
any ideas.....thx