Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
fungus fungus is offline

Default Huge files... why?

On May 13, 2:17 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
It sounds like Gord opened your file and did what he described -- and it worked
ok for him.

Did it work ok for you when you did it a second time? (I'm guessing it did.)

Yep. If I do the "Goto-Special-Objects" thing it highlights
something invisible on the sheet. I can then delete it and the file
goes down from 2Mb to 14Kb.

I don't have a guess how your friend ended up with that many or why it didn't
work for you the first time.

Dunno. I'll ask her on Monday, see what she says.

I don't understand why the object only went invisible when I deleted
them instead of being removed from the file.