Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AKphidelt AKphidelt is offline

Default Approach to Excel

Well if you copy the data... go to Excel

PasteSpecial --- Text

Then you should be able to chop that up using Text-To-Columns

I can't help you out that much unless I know how the data is formatted...
but once it gets on excel I can help you do anything with it.

"Jack Sons" wrote:

Hi all,

An 80 years old aquintance (former navy officer) of mine works since perhaps
1990 (or longer) with a database containing of all kinds of numerical and
non numerical data about extrastellar astronomy in a database program called
Approach. Records in that program have (like Excel) cell like data fields
but also memo fields that can hold unstructured text in large quantities
(e.g. 300 words in one memofield).

Is it possible - and is it very difficult - to bring the Approach data to
Excel?

Can anybody explain how I could accomplish that?

TIA

Jack Sons
The Netherlands