Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Select correct worksheet based on data entered into a cell

Try this.

H1 = some date

=SUMIF(INDIRECT("'Budget"&RIGHT(YEAR(H1),2)&"'!A:A "),$A4,INDIRECT("'Budget"&RIGHT(YEAR(H1),2)&"'!D:D "))

Biff

"Harry Stevens" wrote in message
To All,
I am a novice at programming and excel and have spent the better part of
today searching the Internet and newsgroups for an answer to my problem.
I have recently taken over the duties as treasurer for our homeowners
association and trying to set up an workbook to handle and track our
financial data. I took most of my current worksheet from different
templates on Office's website. I am trying to automate my Income
Statement so that I can switch between and/or compare different budget
years. I currently use and IF statement to do this but as I add more
Budget worksheet I would like the formula to select the correct worksheet
based on the last two digits of the year of the date I enter on my Income
Statement worksheet.

Here is the formula I currently use.
=IF(YEAR(TODAY())=YEAR($H$1),SUMIF(Budget07!$A:$A, "="&($A4),Budget07!$D:$D),SUMIF(Budget06!$A:$A,"=" &($A4),Budget06!$D:$D))

I think I will need some VBA function since I have found a lot of
references to getting worksheets name. I am not sure of which way/one I
should use and how to use it in a formula. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Harry