Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DC Excel User DC Excel User is offline

Default Formula to put Worksheet Name in a Cell

On May 12, 2:45 pm, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
Gary might have mentioned the formula returns #VALUE! until you do a save
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"DC Excel User" wrote in oglegroups.com...

I'd like to be able to include the name of each worksheet in the body
of the worksheet without having to type it in each time. Is there a
way to use a formula to tell Excel to do this. I've used
=cell("filename",a1) in the past to get the filename in the worksheet,
but I can't find a similar formula for the worksheet name itself.

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you. This worked perfectly -- I should have thought of this
solution.