Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Telegirl Telegirl is offline

Default If Statement Not Working

All the cells are formatted to currency, with two decimal places. And yes, it
does assume that G20 is larger than H20.

It is formatted so that G20 is a Sum, while H20 is also an if statement:
=IF(SUM(H14:H19)=SUM(K20:V20),SUM(H14:H19),"error" )

Even if I remove the If statement from H20 and put in a Sum statement, it
doesn't work. I even took the sum I14:I19 and put it in one cell, the
G20-H20 in another cell and used those seperate cells to do the If statement
(e.g. =IF(I21=I22, I22, "error") and that didn't work. What will work in the
If Statement is if I use a sign instead of an equal. Then it will come up
with the right answer.