Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Totaling selected cells

hi.
have you considered the sumif function? you did mention data layout so for
example if client name was in column a and invoice amout was in column b.
=sumif(A2:A500,"Littlewoods"),B2:B500)
you would need a sumif for each client. perhaps create a summery column to
show amount due by client then sum the sumif's for total amount due.

Regards
FSt1

"Chiccada" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a range of data which displays oustanding invoices. These invoices
are over a range of clients and in no particular order.

I have a table at the bottom which splits out this data by client.

What i am trying to do is create a formula which looks in the range
specified and returns the total amount outstanding per client.
The closest I have got is thus:
=sum(vlookup("Littlewoods",$D:$6:$J$826,6,0)), but this just shows the number
of "littlewoods" amount cells in the range, if i could somehow show the cash
value of those 44 cells, I would be a happy man.
Currently i am using =sum(~) and manually selecting the cells using the auto
filter function, its laborious and time consuming, hence my question.

Many thanks in advance,

Rikki Belsham