Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Can the source in data validataion be located in another sheet?

Peo addressed the first part of your question, but to add items to the list you
would have to make it a dynamic range.

From Debra Dalgleish's site..........................

Some lists change frequently, with items being added or removed. If the list is
the source for a Data Validation dropdown, use a dynamic formula to name the
range, and the dropdown list will be automatically updated.

For instructions, view this page:

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:49:02 -0700, trainer07
wrote:

If I am creating a drop down list in Excel using Data Validation, can the
source part be located in another worksheet? I would like to put a
highighted range in the source box instead of typing in values/text. Also,
if I add items to the original list on the other worksheet or edit them in
any way, will my list box reflect this update?
Thanks!