Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Can the source in data validataion be located in another sheet?

Yes, but you need to name the list, assume it is in Sheet2 A2:A50, go to
Sheet2, select A2:A50 and in the name box type in a name like List1 or
something (or select the range, then do insertnamedefine and type in the
name)
then refer to it as

=List1

in the list source box

Peo Sjoblom

"trainer07" wrote in message
If I am creating a drop down list in Excel using Data Validation, can the
source part be located in another worksheet? I would like to put a
highighted range in the source box instead of typing in values/text.
Also,
if I add items to the original list on the other worksheet or edit them in
any way, will my list box reflect this update?
Thanks!