Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Conditional Formating Problam and question?

Try:

Highlight column A :

CF

FormulaIs: =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)1

Select colour

OK

"Jman" wrote:

I have a couple thousand names in Column A going down. After i put in a
formula that i found on another site.. It highlighted some duplicates, but
not all...I tried re-sorting the whole column, it highlighted a few more
names but still not all duplicates. (if possible i could do it without having
to sort,,because it take forever to sort thousands of names.)

I dont remember what formula it was, but i have a feeling the cell range
wasnt correct...
Can you please give me a formula that will highlight all(not just some)
duplicates in the full column A all the way down assuming "A60,000"