Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Excel Look Up Tables - Make The Table Dynamic?

Yes, you can do this.

How many items are in your combo box?

It'd be easier to use a data validation drop down list.

If you link the combo box to a cell the *number* of the item that is
selected is returned to the linked cell. You'd then have to parse what item
corresponds to the number.

If you use a DV drop down list you don't have to go through that extra step.
For example:

A1 = data validation drop down list. The selections are named ranges to use
in a VLOOKUP formula.

Then your lookup formula would be:

=VLOOKUP(lookup_value,INDIRECT(A1),col_index_numbe r,range_lookup)

Biff

"Ben Bruce" wrote in message
Hi.

If I have a value that I want to use to look up in a table but not
necessarily in the same table each time. Is it possible to set the Lookup
Range to be dynamic so that I can specify which table is being looked at
by
changing a value in a combo box rather than having to change the formula
in
the result cell?

Cheers.