Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andy Andy is offline

Default #Name? error message

On May 9, 3:36 pm, "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
What is SumTotalHrs? That is why you get the error

Peo Sjoblom

"Andy" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 9, 1:16 pm, Toppers wrote:
It suggests it is referencing a named "variable" which cannot be "found".

What is the formula in the box/cell?

"Andy" wrote:
I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

=SumTotalHrs(Room1!E28+Room2!E28+Room3!E28)

This formula is supposed to add up values in cells that themselves
have formulas.

Thanks.

I was sure that Excel help said to name it which is what I did.
That's my story and I am sticking to it. :-)

I changed it to Sum and it now works.