RagDyeR

If Lookup() can't find the exact lookup value, it matches the largest value
in the lookup vector, that is less than or equal to the lookup value.

That's how come you're receiving a return.

You should perhaps be using Vlookup() or the Index() and Match()
combination.

Post back with your present formula if you would care for some suggestions,
using the other functions.

RD

"seve" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using lookup function properly (I think).

Problem: If the lookup value is in the lookup vector no problem.

But if the lookup value is not in the lookup vector...it gives a lookup
result... HOW?

Any help?

Steve