Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Need the correct formula

=sumproduct(--(a1:a10="Data"),--(b1:b10="medium"))

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues and falses
to 1's and 0's.

Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail he

And J.E. McGimpsey has some notes at:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

======
And if you're using xl2007, you may want to look at: =countifs()

Rob K wrote:

I am trying to count all the cells in a table that have a Category (first
column)of 'data' and a Priority (second column) of 'medium'. I can get a
count of all the cells with a value of 'medium' by using the 'CountIf'
function. But I can't seem to further restrict the count to just 'data' and
'medium'. I've tried the If-And function without sucess.

Thanks in advance
--
Rob K

--