Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
N85DZ N85DZ is offline

Default Select criteria based on date

I am a pilot. I am using Excel to create a digital logbook to keep track of
everything for me. I am looking for a way to have excel tell me what class
of medical I currently hold. Pilot medicals come in three types first class,
second class, and third class. First class is active for 6 months after
examination, second class is active for 2 years after examination (1yr
6months after first expires), and third class is active for 3 years after
examination (2yrs 6months after first expires, 1yr after second expires). Is
there any way to have excel automatically tell me which type of medical I
hold?