Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how to count number of highlighted cells in column

Mike

Without using VBA..........

Select the entire range of colored/non-colored cells.

EditFindOptionsFormat. Click the dropdown arrow and hit Format.

Select the yellow color from the patterns dialog and OK.

Then Find All.

The first yellow cell will be highlighted in the Find dialog.

Scroll down to bottom and hit Shift + click to select all in dialog box.

In the status bar right-click and select Count.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:38:00 -0700, Mike K <Mike
wrote:

Within an existing worksheet I have a column of data containing cells that
are either highlighted in yellow (manually highlighted) or not highlighted in
yellow. I need to sum how many cells are highlighted in yellow and how many
cells are not highlighted in yellow. I'm running MS Office Excel 2003 SP2.