Bob Phillips

Hi Heather,

Yes it is, Cells is an Excel application property. What you need to do is
pre-pend with the application object you have created, l;ike

xlApp.cells(rows.count, "A").End(XlUp).row

--

HTH

RP

"HeatherO" wrote in message
I was just curious I have done this in excel with a macro I created and it
works just fine so now I am in word and trying to create this macro which

is
supposed to open excel and then I am doing some excel programming in it I
look for the last row using this lstrow = cells(rows.count,
"A").End(XlUp).row and it tells me it doesn't understand the cells(). Is
this because it's in a macro that I am creating in Word??Am I wrong in
assuming that with the VB editor it shouldn't matter what application you

are
in?? Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks,
Heather